Disney Cruise Line
Meet ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Super Heroes on Marvel Day at Sea with Disney Cruise Line
Anyone else been listening nonstop to Star-Lord’s Awesome Mixtape after seeing “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2?” I must say, it’s worthy of the name!
Today we’re revealing that Star-Lord, Gamora and Groot will be joining the fun during this day-long celebration aboard the Disney Magic. Meeting this group of spacefaring misfits is just one of the many reasons I’m so excited about our Marvel Day at Sea cruises kicking off this fall.
What’s more, I’m thrilled to unveil an adult-exclusive Marvel Day at Sea experience inspired by the Guardian’s interstellar adventures. After a full day of family events, what should you do next? Something good, something bad? Bit of both? Well, we’re giving adults time to kick back in Fathoms nightclub, now a Ravager hideout.
While you mingle with the interstellar outlaws, an electrifying alien dance performance gets the fun started, amping up the energy before a few of your favorite Guardians join the party. As the night continues, you may even get to see the dance-loving Star-Lord get his groove on. As Drax says, “There are two types of beings in the universe: those who dance and those who do not.” Which type are you?
Any idea what tunes will be on the playlist throughout the night? You guessed it! Like I said, Star-Lord has awesome taste in music!
Throughout the summer, I’ll be giving you more details about our Marvel Day at Sea voyages, including the Super Heroes and Villains you’ll meet, plus the activities that will transport you in the Marvel Universe. This epic event premieres on select 7- and 8-night Bahamian and Canada cruises from New York this fall, and returns on select 5-night Western Caribbean cruises from Miami in early 2018. Keep following along on the Disney Parks Blog as we reveal more of the fun in store for your family.
Walt Disney World Resort
Seven Ways To Have Fun In Pandora – The World of Avatar (Aside From Attractions)
The land itself serves as an amazing attraction for guests to explore and interact with, and the area’s two experiences – the thrilling Avatar Flight of Passage and the family friendly Na’vi River Journey – are already wowing guests. But did you know there are actually many other ways you can have fun throughout Pandora – The World of Avatar?
Here are seven must-do suggestions on how you can have the most immersive experience possible during your next expedition to Pandora – The World of Avatar.
2. Visit at Swotu Wayä (“Sacred Place of Song”) – Located in the heart of Mo’ara Valley, guests can interact with a collection of instruments fashioned by the Na’vi. They are connected into the moon’s root system and as guests play the instruments, the area just may respond with music and light.
3. Test Out A Na’vi Translator – Also found in Windtraders, this fun device helps you learn Na’vi words.
4. Dine at Satu’li Canteen – Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Satu’li Canteen offers one of the most interesting menus at the Walt Disney World Resort. Featuring international-inspired cuisine, vegetarian options and specialty libations, it’s the ideal place to refuel on your expedition through the Valley of Mo’ara.
5. Help Regrow the Flaska Reclinata – One of the largest and most fascinating plants on Pandora, guests can help this rare plant “re-seed” itself on Pandora simply through touch.
6. Channel Your Inner Na’vi – Windtraders offers a selection of Na’vi inspired merchandise. Here, you can buy your own set of Na’vi ears or a Na’vi tail. You can also get a Na’vi inspired look over at Colors of Mo’ara.
7. Get Camera Ready – Pandora – The World of Avatar is chock-full of unbelievable photo opportunities – from towering floating mountains, to surprising water falls and much more. Want professional pics? Disney PhotoPass guides are on-hand at multiple locations throughout the land.
Walt Disney World Resort
Bright New Additions to Menu at Coral Reef Restaurant at Epcot
Tucked in The Seas with Nemo & Friends in Epcot’s Future World, Coral Reef Restaurant is a cool respite from the Florida sunshine, dimly lit with a spectacular backdrop of the largest inland saltwater environment ever built (it holds enough water to fill 54 Olympic-sized swimming pools).
Every seat is a good one for watching more than 4,000 sea creatures that call The Seas home – sharks, sea turtles, rays and 85 species of tropical fish. And you might even see a scuba-diving Mickey Mouse.
Chef Keith Schockling recently added new dishes to the menu, both savory and sweet. Coral Reef Restaurant fans, never fear, the lobster bisque, there since the restaurant opened, remains on the menu.
For starters, there’s a charbroiled octopus with nori sushi rice, sesame slaw and a soy reduction; a lump crab cake with watercress-citrus salad and a classic remoulade; seafood salad with Gulf Shrimp and mahi mahi in a citrus marinade with a little kick from serrano peppers, a little sweetness from mango sorbet and crisp plantain chip, and a seasonal house salad – for summer it’s mixed greens, raspberry vinaigrette, fresh berries, feta cheese and sunflower brittle.
New entrées include one from land and one from sea: the tuna bowl with spice-crusted tuna, rice noodles, charred bok choy, crisp shiitakes, pickled vegetables and broth (substitute tofu for tuna if you prefer); and a bone-in roasted pork chop with potatoes, creamy pimento cheese, braised greens and a honey-barbecue vinaigrette.
There’s even a new sweet, a rich citrus bread pudding with whiskey sauce, candied pecans and salted caramel gelato.
For reservations, visit DisneyWorld.com/dining or call 407-WDW-DINE.
Walt Disney World Resort
Cool Off With a ‘Sweet’ New Disney Gift Card Design!
There’s something scrumptious coming to Disney Parks and you can use it to purchase practically all things Disney! If you’ve ever had a Mickey Ice Cream Bar to cool off at Walt Disney World Resort or at Disneyland Resort, you can now get one that doesn’t melt in the summer sun. This new Disney Gift Card design is only available at the parks, but, just like all Disney Gift Cards, it can be redeemed at Disney Destinations nationwide for anything from theme park tickets to a sweet treat!
Activate your Disney Gift Card with as little as $15 and use it to add fun and convenience to your Disney Parks vacation. Perhaps you want to give your little ones (or yourself!) a snack budget; a Disney Gift Card gives them the freedom to pay for the snack or souvenir they want, while giving them a “cool” keepsake of their trip! Disney Gift Cards are reloadable up to $1,000 and never expire, so feel free to use your remaining balance to shop at the Disney Store or on the Shop Disney Parks app when you return home, or save your Disney Gift Cards until your next Disney Parks vacation!